Lucas Lepri is giddy with joy. The Alliance rep had a good run in the Pan and closed out the lightweight category with teammate Michael Langhi: “We made the decision together.” Afterwards, he went on to Long Island, New York, and won the traditional Pride BJJ tourney, of GMA’s Eloy Santos and Milton Regis. Now his sights are on the Worlds, in June. Before then, he’ll have fought at the NY Open, in April. Already in the Big Apple, Lepri commented on his good showing in California: “We really did have a perfect championship, without too many mistakes and we managed to close the category out, so it was pure joy. I’m really happy to have another highlyregarded title, like the Pan. It was the title my career was missing.” It was in this mood the champion posed for the GMA and showed this guard-pass with no less than four fnishing possibilities.
1. In his adversary’s guard, Lepri uses his right hand to grab at the collar and left hand to grab the right sleeve.
2. Then, he lays his opponent down with his back to the ground and stretches out his right arm. In the close-up, you can see how he brings his left knee right near his adversary’s hip. And in the reverse-angle close-up, you can see his right knee on the ground and right elbow angled outwards, increasing the pressure on his adversary.
3. Still in half-guard, but with all his weight over his adversary, Lepri attacks the lapel for a choke.
3. Ainda na meia-guarda, mas com todo o seu peso sobre o seu adversário, Lepri ataques à lapela de um estrangulamento.
4. Should the opponent defend, the second option is to try for an americana on the opponent’s right arm.
4. Caso o adversário defender, a segunda opção é tentar de uma americana sobre o braço direito do adversário.
5, 6, 7. Should he defend that, Lepri attacks the arm and goes for an armbar. Notice how Lepri’s right leg remains trapped in the half-guard.
5, 6, 7. Se ele defender que, Lepri ataques do braço e vai para um armbar. Observe como Lepri da perna direita permanece preso na meia-guarda.
8,9. To defend the arm, the adversary may push Lucas’s left leg and get on top. In this case, the black belt grabs his opponent’s lapel with his left hand and the right pant leg with his right hand and chokes him out from behind.
8,9. Para defender o braço, o adversário empurre maio Lucas da perna esquerda e chegar no topo. Neste caso, o faixa preta agarra seu adversário da lapela com a sua mão esquerda e à direita pant perna com a sua mão direita e engasga-lo por trás.